For most people, “back to school” this year is looking … well, pretty different. But the one thing that has NOT changed about the 2020 school year is that, no matter what, you’ll be busy. Whether you’re going back to school or your kiddos are, you’ll want some low-maintenance, time-saving hair hacks to keep you looking polished and put together all day. When it comes to your crown, Mixd Salon in Philadelphia has your back!
- Get A Haircut. We know, we know … there are a million reasons you put off scheduling a cut. But the truth is, a fresh cut will ensure you spend the least amount of time possible achieving a good hair day. When you even out your layers, renew its shape and remove summer-damaged dead ends, your hair is so much faster to style and easier to maintain. Fact! (You’ll also use less product.)
- Cut Down On Blow-Dry Time. Reclaim your time! Speed of Light Blow-Dry Accelerator Spray reduces blow-dry time by HALF. It also seals the cuticle, leaving hair beautifully finished—soft, silky, shiny and static-free. Its thermal protectant shields your hair from heat damage, and obviously, it’s Aveda, so it smells amazing.
- Extend That Blowout. Now that you have fabulously blown-out hair, hold the style as long as possible. Every day, refresh the roots with Foam Reset, Aveda’s new foaming dry shampoo that hydrates and lightly cleanses. Spritz the ends with Heat Relief and then hit them with a flat or curling iron. Heat Relief is a dry conditioner that protects from thermal damage up to 450 degrees, so don’t be afraid to fire up those heat tools for a quick style revive.
View this post on Instagram
Ever had a hair day so good you don’t want it to end? Or a french braid so chic you don’t want to take it out? There's a rinseless way to extend your good hair day. Our entire vegan, sulfate cleanser-free rinseless collection can handle all of your hair needs, regardless of type or texture. From yoga to virtual hangouts, discover the perfect one for your at-home hair routine. #AvedaAtHome #DryShampoo #Rinseles
- Skip the Shampoo. Yes, skip it—even in situations where you’d never think you could (like after a workout or insanely active day). Again, the right product is key: Aveda Rinseless Refresh, a spray that goes on damp. It uses micellar technology to pull dirt, oil and other impurities out of hair and scalp. Your hair feels much cleaner and more refreshed than with a dry shampoo—and the citrusy jasmine smell completes the just-washed effect.
- Have A “Go-To Style.” If you have a tried-and-true cute hairstyle you can always default to when time is seriously crunched, you can look polished and put together on the most hectic of days. Just learn ONE style that you can do in less than 10 minutes, and do it over and over until you perfect it. Below are some tutorials for easy styles that look special and elevated. Remember, you just need to master ONE, and practice truly makes perfect.
View this post on Instagram
@newgirlnyc shows that a chic low pony (inspired by the one shown at @tibi!) is the ideal hairstyle for a busy day of hopping between shoes at #NYFW. It keeps your hair off your face, shows off your outfit and is ready for anything! #StyledbyAveda – – – – #ponytail #hairstyle #fashionweek #streetstyle #ootd #aveda #hairstyles #ponytails #newyork
- LONG HAIR:
Bohemian Side Braid
Perfect Messy Bun
- MEDIUM HAIR:
Sleek Low Bun
Chic Low Pony
- SHORT HAIR:
Low Gathered Upstyle
Waves & Accent Braid
- NATURAL HAIR:
Bobby Pin Crown
Also remember that during your next appointment at Mixd Salon in Philadelphia, you should ask your stylist for any quick tips and tricks for your specific hair! While you’re in our chair, you have your own personal style expert right at your fingertips.
Just a little know-how and the right products mean the difference between getting through a crazy day—and getting through a crazy day, beautifully.